Working as a 3rd Party Safety Consultant provides an in-depth exposure & understanding of the OSHA regulations as they relate to our clients. In this field, we work and develop relationships with clients spanning a wide range of industries, from manufacturing & construction to agriculture and mining. The following list of regulations is the most common we have seen clients cited for over the years.
- Fall Protection 1926.501 (Construction)
- Hazard Communication 1910.1200
- Scaffolding 1926.451 (Construction)
- Respiratory Protection 1910.134.
- Lockout/Tagout 1910.147
- Ladders 1926.1053
- Powered Industrial Trucks 1910.178
- Machine Guarding 1910.212
- Personal Protective Equipment – Eye and Face Protection 1926.102 (Construction) 1910.133 (General Industry)
- Respirable Crystalline Silica 1926.1153 (Construction) 1910.1053 (General Industry)
Examining Your Own Work Place
This year it is time to look at your own workplace and see where solutions can be found. These violations are very common and have been prevalent in the American workplace for a long time. This is now the 9th year in a row that Fall Protection has been the #1 most cited violation. The answers & solutions to maintaining OSHA compliance are out there, but it’s all about finding the best solution and implementing it.
Now is the Time for Change
Now is the time for change within your company’s safety culture. With OSHA actively inspecting workplaces & job sites looking for Fall Protection and Silica violations to name a few, how can these companies make OSHA compliance a top priority? The major step that needs to be completed is having an in-depth workplace evaluation conducted.